Monday, May 14, 2012

Top 100 - This Mess We're In, PJ Harvey (Feat Thom Yorke) # 65




Story by Beau

It reminds me of heaps of things - all of which i feel good about as the song progresses - things it remind me of are ex's, new York, my sister and strangely enough 'gone with the wind' - as I sing along to it I interchange between thom and polly Jane - which always complicates things when you're singing a duet!

It was also the final song on the second last episode of queer as folk (USA).

Artwork by Karin





2 comments:

  1. So my take is that this is a picture of a giant, marauding heart sneaking up behind New York with the intention of consuming it whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty accurate- the big black heart was sort of representing this part of the song where it talks about leaving before the sun rises over the skyscrapers, and the city landscape comes into view.

    Marauding heart is a great description!

    ReplyDelete