Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Top 100 - Amazing, George Michael # 79



Story by Heather

My song has to be Amazing by George Michael. No matter how good or bad life is, this song makes me smile.

I've loved George Michael for so long, it's silly. I had his poster on my wall and a Choose Life t-shirt as a teen, my world spun on its axis when he whispered Happy Christmas on my Last Christmas LP. He broke my heart but won me over in a blink with his declaration of gayness on Outside.

Then he released Amazing... Right before my wedding in 2004. A beautiful love song and I sang it with my bridesmaids as I stepped into my wedding dress.

Then I remember dancing and singing around the lounge room again a year later cradling my newborn son, called George, and being so very happy.

Now I walk in the midday sun
I never thought that my saviour would come
I think it's amazing
I think you're amazing         

Artwork by Karin



No comments:

Post a Comment