Thursday, May 3, 2012

Top 100 - Somebody That I Used To Know, Gotye # 45


Story by Anon

I have been listening to this song on repeat for the past week. At first I felt sad but as the days go on and the number of 'plays' increase in my itunes, I begin feel more at peace with what has happened.

I feel like I belong on both sides. The lyrics 'told myself that you were right for me but felt so lonely in your company' describe how I have been feeling on and off for the last 4 years. And I truly believe that you can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness.

On the other side, Kimbra's lyrics are so real, 'now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over, but had me believing it was always something that I'd done. And I don't wanna live that way, reading into every word you say'

These words strung together remind me of all I put up with over the duration of our relationship.

As I write this I feel sad inside, but I know it's for the best. Things can only get better.

Artwork by Karin



No comments:

Post a Comment