Friday, May 4, 2012

Top 100 - It's Time, Little Pattie # 48




Story by Jay

OK, so my uncool song should come as no surprise to anyone, but I don't actually know who sang it. It's the "It's Time" theme from 1972.


I wasn't born when it came out, don't really know when I first heard it, and didn't really think about events from that era until my first year of uni when I did an introductory subject on the Australian legal system. Half of the course was your basic contract law, but the second half was about the Constitution, and especially events of 1974/75. A light bulb went off above my head (no jokes about turning on the lights please) and things haven't really been the same since.

It's hard to think of a song that has changed the way I think so fundamentally, without actually being able to remember when I first heard it. But these days, whenever we have a party at our place, "It's Time" is the very first song to go on the evening's playlist.


Artwork by Karin



No comments:

Post a Comment