Thursday, May 24, 2012

Top 100 - People = Shit, Slipknot # 81



Story by Paul

So here is my song... People = Shit by Slipknot.

This song means a lot to me on two levels... I work in retail and we deal with quite a few people who don't treat us with any level of respect. This is my 'go-to' song after a hard day at work as the fast pace and powerful sound helps to relieve the tension. Singing the chorus at the top of my lungs helps too

The actual meaning of the song is also aligned well with my current thoughts on the human race. The song reflects on the fact that we just take and consume everything in our path with little regard to the environment or others around us. As a race our own greed, hostility towards others and total disregard for anything that isn't "ME" really is shit.

Artwork by Karin




No comments:

Post a Comment