Sunday, May 6, 2012

Top 100 - Lock It, The Falling Joys # 53



Story by Daen



My song is the Falling Joys "Lock It". You probably know it, being in Sydney at the time and all that:

I saw the Falling Joys at the Orient Hotel in Fremantle. I think it was in the summer of 1993/94, and I would have been in first or second year at uni. I was with a good friend at the time, who I haven't really had a lot of contact with since. It was about the time that it was probably dawning on me that I was going to have to grow up soon. It's a little bittersweet, because the song takes me back to a stage of my life that was coming to an end. There were lots of great songs, but the imagery in "Lock It" seemed right for the atmosphere of a warm summer evening, and it's stayed with me ever since.

Artwork by Karin


No comments:

Post a Comment