Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top 100 - Knocked Up, Kings Of Leon # 94


Story by Henry



Between finishing university and starting full time work, I had a glorious 10 week period that involved working night shifts at a pokies venue, heading to Falls Festival and generally doing nothing.  I had just moved into a place with two really good mates from university.  We had no furniture, milk crates for sitting on and a record player. 

While there was a stack of pretty sweet old school jazz and hip hop records laying around, all we listened to was Kings of Leon (and America, the best of - probably the greatest 'greatest hits' album of all time).  Knocked Up, the first track on Because of the Times, has nothing on the majority of songs from Aha Shake Heartbreak but I must have heard it about 300 times over that 10 week period.  The spooky opening beat and the never ending guitar riff that monotonously drones in the background immediately brings to mind some of my best memories - laying on the floor, December heat dripping from the ceiling, and my friends and I waiting excitingly for the rest of our lives to arrive.

Artwork by Karin





No comments:

Post a Comment