Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wish You Were Here - Venice

On our last night in Venice my husband and I went out for one last dinner at a small and very old restaurant just off the piazza where we were staying. As we left we could hear music playing. We turned the corner and the piazza was filled with Venetian couples dancing the tango at 10pm on a Tuesday night. My mind was completely blown by the way in which these people lived their lives.

During the day the piazza was a place where people met, watch the world go by and exchange the days gossip. In the afternoon it was a playground for the children. Of a night, a dance hall! As we sat watching them dance and eating our gelato, I remember thinking how much happier we would all be if we lived like that. I fell completely in love with the city.

Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment