Monday, March 16, 2015

Wish You Were Here - Beirut

Because you can have an entire conversation using only three or four words of Arabic, and there is a word which can be described as a kind of after the fact Bon Appetit for having your hair cut. Because everyone famous is Lebanese, and everything was invented in Lebanon, unless proven otherwise. Because of the somewhat organised chaos of the traffic, where red lights or one way streets are merely a suggestion, and service taxis appear to be trying to mow you down when all they really want to do is offer you a ride. These are merely a few of the many reasons why I'll always consider Beirut my second home. Perhaps I viewed my time there through rose coloured glasses to some extent, but I always enjoyed the view. 

Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment