Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Wish You Were Here - Lower East Side, New York City

It was a winter’s night in New York and I remember sitting in a bar on the Lower East side with one of my closest friends with only a few days left of our holiday. The Sigur Ros song ‘Samskeyti’ came on and I commented “I used to imagine walking down the aisle to this song, but I don’t think I want to get married now, it isn’t really something I want to do”. At that exact moment, he was across the road high above us overlooking the city and waiting with rose petals and candles leading to the rooftop where he soon changed my mind. Exactly one year later, on the same day and at the same time, we went back to the very spot and said ‘I do’. That corner of the world will forever be my favourite place.

Sinéad




2 comments: