Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dog Love

Sometimes the dog in the yellow house makes me so so cranky. He barks at birds, and taps taps taps when he wants you to play ball, and insists on barking at the possum every night.

And I scowl, and I yell and give cranky stares.

And this morning in the rush of the day I looked down, and there he was. With big brown eyes looking right into mine.

And I could tell with those eyes that he was saying that he loves me more than anything in the world.

And I felt sad and happy all at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Dogs are so reliable, aren't they? I mean Psychopuppy here (who, at the moment is chewing his paws... again) can cause us so much grief, but when he's in one of his dedicated modes he is just so cute. And he can look so blissed out when he's sleeping.

    And the big boy gives just the best greetings when you've been away for a while.

    ReplyDelete