Monday, January 11, 2010

Dank Street Depot

Have you been to Dank Street Depot? I try and go for breakfast on quick trips to Sydney. I always, always get poached eggs with bacon hash. This time though, I couldn't go past slow cooked broccoli with chilli, garlic and white wine served on scrambled eggs and sourdough toast, topped with goats feta and parsley. And always ask for your coffee in a bowl. Perfect.





I was given the cookbook for Christmas and it has some wonderful recipes. While it has inspired me to cook, it has also made me hanker for a lunch or dinner at Dank Street...I could think of worse ways to pass the time than eating three course for $50 and knocking back some Australian sparking wine, while watching day turn to night on Dank Street Waterloo.

2 comments:

  1. I love Danks st Depot too. We had a special farewell dinner for a sister there once. Was a wonderful night.
    Glad you had a nice time in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Colt from Old RegretJanuary 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM

    The second picture down is beautifully composed.

    ReplyDelete