Monday, May 18, 2009

Green apples



I had a stack of green apples to use so I thought I'd make up a recipe for apple cake.

First melt about 50 grams of butter and caramelise 2 sliced green apples. To caramelise just add about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the apples and butter, and a dash of cinnamon. Cook for 15 minutes.

While that is cooking, melt 125 grams of butter and mix that with 125 grams of sugar.  Beat in 3 eggs and 200 grams self raising flour. Add in a dash of milk and mix.

Then place the batter into your cake tin, or in this case - cupcake patty, and place caramelised apple on the top. I thought I'd add some crumble mix on the very top ( I didn't think I'd used enough butter) before baking in an oven set at around 175 degrees celsius. The crumble was a mix of about 50 grams butter, 2 big tablespoons of brown sugar and same of flour. Bake for around 12 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment