Monday, October 10, 2011

She don't use jelly jelly



That is my least favourite Flaming Lips song. This is though my favourite jelly recipe. 
I often change it, but really it mostly stays like this:
150 mls water in pot on stove
Add 125grams castor sugar (or regular sugar, doesn't really matter)
bit of lemon rind
Juice of one or two blood oranges
When boiling, remove from heat and stir in one sachet of gelatine.
Split liquid amongst 4 glasses and top with...I don't know, about a quarter of a glass of sparkling wine?
Put in the fridge overnight.



4 comments:

  1. If I want my She Don't Use Jelly Jelly to be really orange, is there anything I can use instead of the blood oranges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When boiling the sugar syrup add some fresh or frozen raspberries. Push through a sieve and then use either tangerine, orange, mandarin, or tangelo juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i didn't have a sieve, could i perhaps use a magazine?

    ReplyDelete