Sunday, September 6, 2009

The National

Another weekend getting ready for the markets...today has been filled with yellow hearts, which kind of makes me happy.

I've had a really productive 24 hours, and I have to admit, I'm a sucker for the buzz of working under pressure. I think I pull together the better bits of work when I've had little sleep and a lot of nervous energy.

Last night was a late one, and I was kept company by The National. Taffy gave me their Alligator CD a month or so ago, and while I'd listened to it - I hadn't really listened to it (if you know what I mean).

Well I've pretty much had it on repeat all night and day, and I love it. The album is so restrained and lyrically quite perfect.

Daughters Of The Soho Riots

How can anybody know
How they got to be this way
You must have known I'd do this someday
Break my arms around the one I love
And be forgiven by the time my lover comes
Break my arms around my love

Break my arms around the one I love
And be forgiven by the time my lover comes
Break my arms around my love

No comments:

Post a Comment