Friday, July 30, 2010

Ho Chi Minh City

Have you ever been to a new place that so instantly mesmerises you?

I couldn't help but like Ho Chi Minh from the very beginning. Zipping in and out of traffic the driver tooted his horn and explained the rules of the road. And just to my right were families weaving their way past the cars. Mum, dad and a child strapped in to the front of the bike. And then the ladies riding side saddle - with heels!

So I got to my hotel, put my luggage upstairs, walked into the humid air, took a deep breath, held my head high and crossed the road full of honking motorbikes and fell into the arms of a beautiful bowl of warm pho.

And the next day it was more of the same, but those streets I was so brave on the night before were just tiny in comparison to the boulevards of the city. But sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind, close your eyes and cross your fingers and you are on your way.



And that is what I did pretty much all day, and I loved it.

2 comments:

  1. It is great isn't it. I loved the food, people, hotels, streets etc. I am planning to go back next year.

    ReplyDelete