Monday, June 12, 2017

Odd One Out Gallery

I stumbled on this gallery by chance a few weeks ago, it's in a great little area with a mix of interesting shops in the laneways around. It was closed and I was sad because I could tell by the writing on the shop window that this was a place for me.

So I returned a week or so later on a Wednesday and was met by the lovely owner and stacks of interesting prints and letterpress cards. Such a great way to spend an hour on a hot afternoon and the gallery also has a cafe attached.  I met an artist, found a kindred spirit, flirted with a baby, bought a print and left with a happy heart. 

If you are in Hong Kong over the next few weeks try and catch Yiyu Lam's exhibition. It's a clever little show where he connects ideas and symbols around Catholicism with a myth around minotours. See for yourself:

14 St. Francis Street Wanchai, Hong Kong
Open Tuesday - Sunday 12 - 7.30pm




No comments:

Post a Comment