Monday, October 12, 2015

China - week 14

Well I'm a bit late on this one, but I'm glad that I waited...the last week had some low points and it was good to get some perspective before blurting out a bunch of stuff on this little blog. While I don't want to gloss over the bad stuff, with a bit of time and some good people, it really doesn't rate a mention (other than the fact I've just spent this last paragraph mentioning it...)

Alright then. A week of getting back into the swing of things after my holidays and feeling happy to come home to this apartment and to all my GZ peeps. Also. Hello internet grocery shopping! It's okay to divide everything by six still isn't it? (here is a tip for those playing at home - the answer is absolutely not).

A new yum cha find followed by some fun exploring through an older part of town and I was lucky to catch up with a friend from home (not once, but twice). A very fancy lunch of a toasted sandwich made of processed cheese, plus a trip to the wet market and my weekend was complete. 

The weather is cooling which is lovely. Such a change to walk outside and not be greeted with a wall of heat - there was even a dreamy light breeze.  I don't know, thinking back to the week that was, life kind of feels pretty normal and alright.




No comments:

Post a Comment