Sunday, August 30, 2015

What the city looks like when you turn left - Yuexiu District

After receiving some solid local advice that had me turning left down the street in front of my apartment, as opposed to right - a friend and I spent a delightful afternoon exploring the wonderful streets of Yuexiu district. And kids, let me tell you, this really is the place to be.  You head down busy Huacheng Avenue for about 30 minutes, navigating a big overpass and a kind of bus interchange, and then suddenly the busyness slips away. 

You'll find yourself on Bao'an Front street and as this turns into Yun Dun road, your surroundings change. Quiet tree lined streets, beautiful old buildings, quaint cafes, vintage stores and galleries. Guangzhou, you are turning into my kind of town.















No comments:

Post a Comment