Saturday, August 1, 2015

Evening train

Navigating my way through the underground tunnels, caught up in the wave of people. If you can't beat them, join them I though as I shirt fronted my way through the crowd. I get off the subway, a little like a rabbit in headlights, and make my way to the train - flustered and red faced.

And here I sit, looking out at what? I catch my reflection in the train window and wonder if I'm on the cusp of something, and decide to lose my thoughts in the moment. So I look past the reflection and towards the half built unit blocks, all square lines and sharp angles. They make way to fields of vegetables, chickens and worker shacks. Then mini cities spring out from nowhere, an odd contrast that just seems right. And in the darkness as the train heads south, the hard cities become a little softer - all twinkling lights and neon.


                             





No comments:

Post a Comment