Monday, August 3, 2009

option-g


I often to to option-g's website, put a stack of prints into my shopping basket, and then realise I don't really have a spare $300 US bux. That's when I click on that little red cross on the top left hand side of the screen. Bye bye.

The other day I recieved a taunting email with this beautiful painting. I borrowed the picture from option-g's email to put on this blog:

Someone please buy this for me. Or just buy it for yourself and I'll come visit it.

I think I found out about Cole's work through the folk at Poketo. Cole Gerst is based in Los Angeles, California, and I was going to regurgitate a bunch of stuff about what he does but instead I'm just going to tell you why I like his work. I love deer, and can't help but love the wooden deer screenprint and the deer island series. I also love his band posters and how he is able to work commercially, and still produce beautiful paintings in a fine art sense. I like how that even when his work is commercial, it isn't sold out, but just accessible to more people. I love that he makes skate board decks one day, and tiny little foil stamped prints the next. I also like his fascination with power points. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment