Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tumbleweed - vale Jay Curley

I was sad to read that Jay Curley from Tumbleweed had passed away suddenly. A lot of misspent youth was spent seeing Tumbleweed play in the fantastic array of venues that used to be in Sydney town. Tumbleweed were one of the category of bands that I would make the trip to Waterfront records especially to pick up a limited edition EP with bonus tshirt. I'd wear what was usually an oversized tshirt, with cut off denim shorts and opaque tights. Alternating between converse allstars and doc martins... 

My dress sense hasn't really changed that much when you think about it, and while my music taste has a little, I still have a soft spot for Tumbleweed. So tonight I'm listening to this song and remembering times gone by and thinking good thought for Jay's family and friends tonight.

Tumbleweed  - Stoned

No comments:

Post a Comment