Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Loneliest Planet



I'm going to say something risqué here....the more I thought about this film the more I liked it. Mind you, this film had a touch of the 'good listener'. Did I ever tell you about the time I saw the Good Listener with my pony friend? For the life of me I could never remember the movies name (which was actually the Lives of Others, an excellent film). I called it the 'Good Listener' for so long but in fairness it is a film about listening (and they do a good job in listening = Good Listener). Downside of this literal approach is both me and my pony friend have to work backwards from the 'Good Listener' to remember what the film is actually called. True story.

But I do go on and that's because I can't ever remember the name of this film, the Loneliest Planet.  'Into the Wild', then 'the Wildest Planet' then to 'the movie with that good looking Gabriel guy' seem like good working titles. And the movie itself? Well it is beautiful, but slow...a subtle film. It is kind of about nothing and everything. My movie companions thoughts:
'was shithouse' 
'picturesque but too long'

I don't know if I'd recommend this film. Go if you have patience and an eye for beautiful scenery. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment