Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lamb Brik - Silo


I don't care what you say about the service, and don't even start me on the egg thing. I love Silo.

I love how the owners have gently moved around the world over the years. When I arrived to Canberra there was a French influence, then they touched on Italy before moving to Spain. One winter there was a strong German vibe happening. 

At the moment there seems to be a bit of a Tunisian brought to the table. Slow cooked lamb, in a pastry, with some dukkah, hommus and pomegranate. And story about the Tunisian tradition, where the bride-to-be's mother makes a brik for the potential bridegroom. If the bridegroom eats it without spilling any of the egg yolk he may marry the bride. There was no egg in this one, and come to think of it... no potential bride, groom or mother - so we were safe to enjoy in the winter sun.

2 comments: