Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Top 100 - Razorblade, The Strokes# 18


Story by Anon


As per the criteria for your project this is not my favourite song but it is an important one – important because he was important, we were important, it evokes emotion and definitely captures a period of time in my life.

The story: This was the song that was ‘our song’ with my first love.
At the time The Strokes album was the CD in my then boyfriends car and I really liked the song Razorblade. A mutual friend joked one day that Ashlee Simpson’s song ‘L O V E’ should be our song … no thankyou! I repeated this to my bf and he agreed that Ashlee Simpson would have nothing to do with our relationship, as a joke I said that Razoblade should be our song – a joke because the lyrics do not exactly evoke feelings of love or happiness in a relationship. He liked the idea – I was horrified that he thought it could be our song. Needless to say I didn’t closely listen to the last part of the song – the sweet part.

Artwork by Karin





No comments:

Post a Comment