Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top 100 - Footloose, Kenny Loggins #28


Story by Lucy 



My song is Footloose. The song has lots of great memories for me throughout my childhood and adolescence. The strongest memory is probably from my time as an exchange student in Japan. There really weren’t a lot of English language videos available in the Japanese town where I was living but there was a copy of Footloose… so I watched it many times that year! I particularly love the scene at the end of the movie when Footloose is playing and everyone is dancing. There is a girl wearing a big dress who spins around and around. She looks like she is having so much fun. Whenever I hear the song, it reminds of some the feelings I had that year being a girl from a small country town in a very foreign place, particularly the strange, overwhelming and confusing feelings of newness and freedom.

Artwork by Karin



No comments:

Post a Comment