Monday, April 30, 2012

Top 100 - Penny Arcade, Roy Orbison # 39



Story by Adele



Something about me - I grew up with my 3 brothers and my mother in a small country town in a tiny 6 square, 2 bedroom housing commission house and as such shared a bedroom with my mother (separate beds just shared the room). 

As a single mother of 4 small children my mother’s social life was non-existent. One of my life long memories has been that she used to listen to the radio, with the volume turned down very low at night in bed until the wee hours of most nights. Not surprisingly I know the words to many 50’s, 60’s and 70’s songs that many people my age have never heard of.

One song sticks in my mind and reminds me of this time and my mum – Penny Arcade, this is my song for your top 100 songs.


Artwork by Karin





No comments:

Post a Comment