Saturday, June 9, 2018

Two days in Astoria: what I did and how I did it

I caught the morning ferry from Victoria, Vancouver Island and landed 2 hours or so later in the US at Port Angeles. I took the route down highway 101 (mainly so I could stop at Hamma Hamma for oysters and chowder) and the drive to Astoria was just long enough for one driver.

Astoria itself is a great town to stay in. Filled with craft brewery places, cute boutiques and antiques it maintains its authentic working town vibe - so much so, I preferred it to Portland. For beer, your choices are many. For food...not really a gourmet kinda place. I'd recommend Astoria Coffee House and Bistro. Great breakfast, scratch cocktails, good food and fabulous vibe (kicks playlist also).

If you ever find yourself in this part of the world, enjoy a laid back few days in this delightful town: long walks, vintage browsing, chats with locals and beers. 

Next stop...Portland
























No comments:

Post a Comment