Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Popular Pet Show

Never would I have thought I would type the words "great paintings by Ken Done". But there you have it. This exhibition included some touching pet portraiture from Ken Done - a lovely series commemorating the dogs he has owned over the years. And a dog that is the spitting image of B Dog, no?

Other standouts - Nicholas Harding's beautiful watercolour portaits of famous folk with pets. I didn't take any photos because I was too busy looking. Amazing paintings - personalities captured in the immediacy of watercolour paint in a larger scale. Made me itch to paint like that again. I guess we'll need to wait and see on that.

The exhibition is over now, but there is much information available at: http://www.portrait.gov.au/exhibitions/the-popular-pet-show-2016





No comments:

Post a Comment