Sunday, May 22, 2011

The longest goodbye

On the car driving home through the rain I thought of a hundred things to write...poetic things that described how I felt. But through the tears and the rain those words are gone.

He came to say goodbye before moving away. He'll be gone for a while so it might be the last goodbye.

He told me he got married.Married in New York. And I was sad, but happy too. You know, happy because I guess it means all this was not for nothing. I still don't know how this happened, but it did and it is done.

I wanted to ask what it is like to be in love with someone else, to make new friends, and share new jokes and memories. I just can't even imagine. And I can't imagine him in this new life.

He wanted to come back and say goodbye again on Saturday. I think we have already had enough goodbyes for a lifetime. I'll still miss him, even though he was gone a long time ago.


5 comments:

  1. The world forgetting, by the world forgot.May 23, 2011 at 5:24 PM

    You have made new friends, and new memories too.

    And they are heaps cooler, and better looking and better at football than any friends you would have made if things had happened differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget he had loads of friends he left behind who are still with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep writing stuff and deleting it cos it doesn't seem right.

    girl, you rock.

    We all just stumble round, gotta keep stumbling on. scar tissue grows and it remains tender, but it heals.

    and you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you all say is true. You've made me smile and thats a nice thing to happen before dreaming the night away xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'dMay 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM

    plus, he also has an earring? how old is that dude?

    ReplyDelete