Monday, August 14, 2017

Go slow, slow go

Sometimes life sneaks up on you doesn't it? I don't know, even here you can get into a rut of same old same old. Sometimes you don't realise how stressed you are, or happy (or unhappy for that matter) you're feeling.  And sometimes you don't realise how lucky you are.

It's funny because here life is both really easy and really hard. I don't for a minute take for granted how fortunate I am, but unless you live it, it's difficult to fathom just how isolated and rudderless you can feel. So much is just out of your control and there is not much you can do about it.

But in all of that also comes reflection and the realisation a bunch of folks near and far have got your back. In China some of those people are just a few floors or a mobike away -  others a call or an instant message away. Some of those people of late have saved my sanity. Proper.

And the good thing in all that (aside from the sanity saving) is that when I get back I'll have an extra posse of people in my corner - China folk (and peeps beyond) who will be there when all of this is done and that ain't bad.  


No comments:

Post a Comment