Monday, September 17, 2012

This is what a weekend is...

Sometimes I go around and round and around. Then it stops and I go around and around some more. Lately there seems to be more going round and not so much on the stopping. This weekend was about pulling in the reigns on crazyland because I realised I was getting used to feeling dizzy. And that my friends is not a good thing. So for 48 hours I did things my way and had a holiday in the yellow house. An early morning trip to the farmers markets to stock up on good things...fresh apples, and walnuts in the shell. Then home to fill the house with flowers from the garden and read the paper in the sun. Mandarin juice (bought from the nicest gruff man wearing the Saints hat) and a fresh prawn sandwich made with the best avocado this side of Byron Bay.  A nap outside followed by cocktails made from more mandarin juice - sweet and the sunniest drink ever made. Olives, cheese and then dinner of fresh fish caught from the Bay. Chocolate sorbet, fresh strawberries and a night in watching the football.

Big sleep, bike rides with the wind in my hair. It makes a difference riding free and easy, a bit dangerous and fun (I won't do it again, I was on holiday). A trip to the Bus Depot markets for lunch and some antique browsing.  Walks with the dog, who is in holiday mode too - enjoying long sleeps in front of the heater snoring. Listening to my neighbours BBQ filled with reggae music and laughing. Sneaking bits of Rosas florentine biscuits before dinner, then the rest of the prawns for dinner on doughy sour bread. Sparkling wine, mindless television and the heady smell of daphne and jonquils as I move from room to room. So now I'm just dizzy from the flowers and that works for me.




1 comment:

  1. You need a mega-like button here, just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete